Let me start by saying that a cloud server is not for everyone. If you have a small simple website, you probably don’t need it. If you have a large database or are looking to reduce capital costs though, this is the solution for you!
Firstly, there are multiple elements of redundancy to ensure that downtime is absolutely minimal, if it arises at all, as there is more than one device to complete the processing and distribution of data to users, therefore, if one fails, another can seamlessly fulfil the same role.
Next up, there are a number of functions and benefits a cloud server solution can offer, depending on a business’s specific needs. A cloud server solution allows you to take advantage of all the features and functions a physical server offers for any period of time, without actually having to purchase a physical server. Here are some examples of the possible uses of a cloud server solution:
- Performing short term testing or development.
- Serving internet-facing content internally or externally.
- Providing services for a distributed workforce across the nation or world.
- Storing remote backups on cheap archival storage.
- Infrequent workloads, as processor and memory are not billed for while powered down.
Using a server in the cloud is a means of reducing operating expenses, and, subsequently overall capital costs. The solution is completely redundant, given the backup routines in place to ensure functionality is perpetual even if there is a minor failure. The hardware itself is protected by high grade onsite security so there is the lowest risk of theft, and the location is equipped with smoke and fire detectors as well as high performance backup power generators. In summary, here are a number of the benefits that can be expected with using a cloud server system:
- The solution is hosted in Australia; the physical servers exist within the country.
- The products utilised are the most efficient in the industry.
- Local support is available for any issues/requests that may arise.
- The solution utilises a ‘Cloud 2.0′ infrastructure; proven stable and secure.
- You can add or remove disks, memory, processors, IP addresses and similar resources, at any time.
- The solution is scalable; it is possible to start small and improve as you go.
- The solution is reliable; it is used by small and large businesses Australia-wide.